Jalapeño Cream Sauce
A fresh spicy twist on alfredo sauce that goes great with smoked chicken tenders, or sausage!
Servings: 6 People
- 3 Fresh Jalapenos Top and bottom cut off
- 1½ C Heavy Whipping Cream Use milk or half and half to make this recipe a little lighter.
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter DO NOT try to sub margarine.
- ⅓ C Parmesan Cheese Grated
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Ground
Cut the stem and tip from the jalapenos.
Place peppers and butter in cream and simmer slowly for 30-45 minutes stirring occasionally and keeping temperature low enough not to boil or scald the cream.
When peppers feel soft removed them from the cream. Discard or keep for garnish.
Bring cream and butter mixure up to a simmer and add Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
Whisk mixture as cheese melts in until mixture is smooth.
Reduce heat to low and serve over pasta.
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 45mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1214IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 1mg